By J. Bevan Ott
Chemical Thermodynamics: rules and Applications offers a radical improvement of the foundations of thermodynamics--an outdated technology to which the authors contain the main smooth functions, besides these of value in constructing the technological know-how and people of historic curiosity. The textual content is written in an off-the-cuff yet rigorous type, together with ancedotes approximately a few of the nice thermodynamicists (with a few of whom the authors have had a private relationship), and makes a speciality of "real" structures within the dialogue and figures, not like the regular examples which are usually utilized in different textbooks.
The publication offers a easy assessment of thermodynamic rules, equations, and functions of wide curiosity. It covers the improvement of thermodynamics as one of many pre-eminent examples of an actual technological know-how. A dialogue of the traditional kingdom that emphasizes its value and usability can be integrated, in addition to a extra rigorous and indepth therapy of thermodynamics and discussions of a greater variety of purposes than are present in extra commonly dependent actual chemistry undergraduate textbooks.
Combined with its significant other booklet, Chemical Thermodynamics: complex Applications, the working towards scientist can have an entire reference set detailing chemical thermodynamics.
- Outlines the advance of the foundations of thermodynamics, together with the main glossy purposes in addition to these of value in constructing the technological know-how and people of old interest
- Provides a simple evaluate of thermodynamic ideas, equations, and functions of vast interest
- Treats thermodynamics as one of many preeminent examples of a precise science
- Provides a extra rigorous and indepth remedy of thermodynamics and dialogue of a greater variety of functions than are present in extra commonly established actual chemistry undergraduate textbooks
- Includes examples within the textual content and routines and difficulties on the finish of every bankruptcy to aid the coed in studying the subject
- Provides a whole set of references to all assets of information and to supplementary examining sources
Read Online or Download Chemical Thermodynamics: Principles and Applications PDF
Similar thermodynamics books
This much-needed monograph offers a scientific, step by step method of the continuum modeling of move phenomena exhibited inside fabrics endowed with a fancy inner microstructure, comparable to polymers and liquid crystals. by way of combining the rules of Hamiltonian mechanics with these of irreversible thermodynamics, Antony N.
A textual content designed for introductory classes in warmth move, which additionally contains fabric on layout and computing device purposes. this can be the 7th version of this identify.
- Heat and thermodynamics : an intermediate textbook
- On the Thermodynamics of Elastic Materials and of Reacting Fluid Mixtures: Course Held at the Department of Mechanics of Solids June 1971
- Thermodynamic Theory of Structure, Stability and Fluctuations
- Convection Heat Transfer
Additional info for Chemical Thermodynamics: Principles and Applications
In other words, if T1, T2, and T3 are the temperatures of three systems, with Tl - T3 and T2 = T3, then Tl = T:. This statement, which seems almost trivial, serves as the basis of all temperature measurement. Thermometers, which are used to measure temperature, measure their own temperature. We are justified in saying that the temperature T3 of a thermometer is the same as the temperature T~ of a system if the thermometer and system are in thermal equilibrium. Temperature Scales" A quantitative description of temperature requires the definition of a temperature scale.
We are justified in saying that the temperature T3 of a thermometer is the same as the temperature T~ of a system if the thermometer and system are in thermal equilibrium. Temperature Scales" A quantitative description of temperature requires the definition of a temperature scale. The two most commonly encountered in thermodynamics are the absolute or ideal gas (~ scale and the thermodynamic or Kelvin (K) scale, n The Thermodynamic or Kelvin Temperature Scale: Description of the Kelvin temperature scale must wait for the laws of thermodynamics.
But this is an involved procedure. More often, an equation of state or experimental gas imperfection data are used to correct to ideal behavior. Helium is the usual choice of gas for a gas thermometer, since gas imperfection is small, although other gases such as hydrogen have also been used. In any event, measurement of absolute temperature with a gas thermometer is a difficult procedure. Instead, temperatures are usually referred to a secondary scale known as the International Temperature Scale or ITS-90.
Chemical Thermodynamics: Principles and Applications by J. Bevan Ott