By Alexander R. Vaccaro
Thomas Jefferson Univ. health facility, Philadelphia, PA. finished reference offers an summary of assorted operative remedy techniques in spinal accidents. Emphasizes pathomechanics of spinal twine accidents, modern administration practices, strength problems linked to therapy, and person fracture subtype rules to enhance neurological functionality in sufferers.
By Mark Greenberg
"A 'must-have'...[a] reasonably cheap, hugely transportable, and very priceless reference quantity, so as to certainly get pleasure from persevered durability into the foreseeable future." --Journal of Neurosurgery
"A important resource...For swift entry to the analysis and administration of all neurosurgical issues, there isn't any substitute." -- The magazine of TRAUMA damage, an infection, and demanding Care
For twenty years, guide of Neurosurgery -- now in an absolutely up to date 7th version -- has been a useful spouse for each neurosurgery resident and nurse, in addition to neurologists and others concerned about the care of sufferers with mind and backbone issues. Dr. Greenberg's vintage textual content covers the breadth of neurosurgery and its allied specialties and offers the newest info on anatomy and body structure, differential analysis, and at the moment approved rules of medical administration. well known for its scope and accessibility, this transportable, single-volume advisor is full of greater than 1,300 pages of useful info, together with millions of literature citations, convenient cross-references, and an intensive index.
*New to the 7th version: designated assurance of blunt cervical arterial accidents; unsleeping craniotomies; mind mapping; new grading structures for cervical and thoracolumbar fractures; radiation security for neurosurgeons; organ donation after cardiac loss of life; and extended dialogue of endovascular techniques.
* quite a few updates, together with details on dural arteriovenous malformations; tumors and molecular biology; and new neuromonitoring modalities equivalent to mind oxygen rigidity, cerebral microdialysis, and local cerebral blood flow.
* The go back of easy surgical fabric to acquaint readers with the working room
* a realistic new function referred to as reserving the Case provides invaluable information regarding scheduling surgical procedure and acquiring trained consent.
* hugely useful part on sizzling subject matters in neurocritical care.
* colour highlights and full-color inserts to augment readability.
Comprehensive and comfortably compact, this ebook is a must have reference for neurosurgery citizens and a great tool for a person operating within the medical neurosciences.
Download PDF by Hrayr K. Shahinian (auth.): Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery: A Comprehensive Guide with
By Hrayr K. Shahinian (auth.)
To date, greater than 3 thousand mind and cranium base tumors, in addition to a number of vascular difficulties, were handled through the use of complicated, absolutely endoscopic, minimally invasive surgical concepts. In Endoscopic cranium Base Surgery, Dr. Hrayr ok. Shahinian, director of the cranium Base Institute, compiles those innovations. hugely particular and amply illustrated via over 600 colour pictures whole with a compendium of the mandatory surgical tools, the step by step working room strategies supply a definitive consultant to the tricky but crucial paintings of cranium base surgery.
Comprehensive and concise, Endoscopic cranium Base Surgery is perfect for all surgical experts and people education to develop into experts who desire to achieve a brand new software within the noble, on-going reason for saving lives.
By Nobutaka Yoshioka, Albert L. Rhoton
Nobutaka Yoshioka, MD, PhD and Albert L. Rhoton Jr., MD have created an anatomical atlas of fabulous precision. An extraordinary instructing software, this atlas opens a special window into the anatomical intricacies of advanced facial nerves and similar structures.
An the world over popular writer, educator, mind anatomist, and neurosurgeon, Dr. Rhoton is appeared by means of colleagues as one of many fathers of recent microscopic neurosurgery. Dr. Yoshioka, an esteemed craniofacial reconstructive health care provider in Japan, mastered this designated dissection process whereas project a fellowship at Dr. Rhotons microanatomy lab, writing within the preface that inside such precision pictures lies capability for surgical innovation.
- Includes a couple of 3D glasses to view the impressive photographs which are on hand on-line within the Thieme MediaCenter
- Exquisite colour photos, ready from conscientiously dissected latex injected cadavers, display anatomy layer via layer, with awesome aspect and clarity
- Major sections comprise intracranial quarter and cranium, top facial and midfacial area, and decrease facial and posterolateral neck region
Organized by means of quarter, each one layered dissection elucidates particular nerves and buildings with pinpoint accuracy, delivering the clinician with in-depth anatomical insights. distinct medical factors accompany each one picture. In tandem, the pictures and textual content supply an exceptional starting place for knowing the nerves and constructions impacted by means of neurosurgical-related pathologies in addition to different stipulations and injuries.
An particularly wonderful anatomical reference, this booklet is a must have reference for citizens, and complicated clinicians focusing on neurosurgery, facial cosmetic surgery, otolaryngology, maxillofacial surgical procedure, and craniofacial surgery.
By Richard A. Prayson
The scope of neuropathology maintains to extend and the ever-increasing quantity of knowledge to assimilate and grasp may be daunting. Neuropathology evaluation, moment version summarizes in basic define shape the necessities of neuropathology. it's been up to date to mirror the latest info and ideas during this continuously altering field.
Download e-book for kindle: Handbook of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery by Michael Schulder
By Michael Schulder
This quantity deals a complete dialogue of the stereotactic frames, frameless platforms, and radiosurgical methods used in the remedy and regulate of flow and neurological problems, Parkinson's sickness, power soreness, spasticity, tumours, epilepsy, and arteriovenous malformations.
By Franco DeMonte, Michael W. McDermott, Ossama Al-Mefty
This is a superb booklet and a wanted replace. For
anyone drawn to learning this particular neoplasm in depth,this e-book is
worthwhile. it's a must-have in all neurosurgery, neurology, and radiology
libraries. -- Doody's Review
Al-Mefty's Meningiomas, moment Edition is the definitive consultant to
meningioma analysis, remedy, and surgical procedure, and displays over a decade of
major advances within the analysis and administration of either intracranial and spinal
meningiomas because the first version was once published.
- New to this variation: info on molecular
biology, normal heritage and development charges, the increase of radiosurgery as a
possible remedy alternative, and lots more and plenty extra
- Over 500 top quality radiographic photographs and
full-color illustrations reveal anatomy and surgical procedure
- In-depth assurance of intraoperative MRI and
- Key issues usually lacking from different meningiomas texts together with caseload administration, and postoperative caliber of lifestyles issues
This landmark reference will improve the precision and surgical talents of each clinician or resident in neurosurgery or neurology.
Download e-book for iPad: First Aid for the Neurology Boards, 2nd Edition by Michael Rafii, Thomas Cochrane
By Michael Rafii, Thomas Cochrane
THE INSIDER’S advisor TO ACING THE NEUROLOGY BOARD examination – WRITTEN by way of PHYSICIANS WHO PASSED
Apply the confirmed First relief formulation for examination success!
- High-yield summaries of hundreds of thousands of must-know neurology and psychiatry themes for the neurology forums and in-in education exam
- Hundreds of tables, diagrams, and illustrations simplify studying and memorization
- Key proof within the margins pinpoint “must understand” info for the boards
- Mnemonics and medical pearls make memorization enjoyable and effective
- Integrated mini-cases spotlight often demonstrated situations and vintage sufferer presentations
- Proven test-taking options for excelling at the ABPN exam
- Written via fresh try out taker and reviewed through school to guarantee the main up to date and appropriate fabric possible
Download e-book for iPad: Examination of peripheral nerve injuries: an anatomical by Stephen Russell
By Stephen Russell
Highly counseled in Neurology by way of the British scientific organization, 2007
This ebook is an anatomically dependent consultant to finding and diagnosing peripheral nerve entrapment and accidents, whole with the entire primary technological know-how strategies and diagnostic thoughts the clinician must deal with accidents within the higher and reduce extremities of the physique. Full-color photos and easy-to-digest schematic illustrations reduction the comprehension of advanced anatomy and its adaptations, and support the reader study the exam recommendations defined within the book.
- Step-by-step descriptions supplemented by means of one hundred fifty complete colour illustrations and pictures advisor the reader throughout the exam techniques
- Thorough overview of the anatomy of every peripheral nerve is helping the reader achieve an organization figuring out of standard constitution crucial for spotting and diagnosing damage
- Emphasis at the most typical anatomical adaptations within the peripheral anxious approach prepares the reader for the whole variety of scientific situations
- Descriptions of the brachial and lumbosacral plexi within the context in their significant branches permits the reader to totally seize advanced constructions
Examination of Peripheral Nerve Injuries addresses the desires of citizens, fellows, trainees, and scholars in a number specialties together with neurology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, rehabilitation medication, cosmetic surgery, hand surgical procedure, peripheral nerve surgical procedure, actual treatment, soreness administration and first care. citizens looking an exceptional board overview during this quarter will relish the concise layout and the wealth of knowledge contained during this book.
By Damianos E. Sakas, Brian Simpson, Elliot S. Krames
Neuromodulation is a quickly evolving multidisciplinary biomedical and biotechnological box. the 2 volumes current the cutting-edge in verified and rising functions for ache, spasticity, move problems, bladder and bowel disorder, heart problems, epilepsy, psychiatric affliction, impairment of listening to and imaginative and prescient, and computational neuromodulation. specialists describe the neural networks concerned and the suitable surgical methods, supply scientific directions, technical descriptions of implanted units, proposals for refinements and private perspectives on destiny clients of the sphere. The enormous healing power is highlighted which arises from the shut collaboration of biomedical scientists and biotechnological engineers during this quarter and indicates the transition from the traditional "resective" surgical procedure to practical neuroprosthetic surgical procedure (Vol. I) and neural networks surgical procedure (Vol. II) which makes use of neuro-engineering to enhance impaired neural function.
Volume I describes thoughts and methods utilized in inner touch with non-neural tissues surrounding the anxious procedure (dura or cerebrospinal fluid), as with regards to epidural stimulation for discomfort, and so on. or intrathecal drug program for the remedy of spasticity and discomfort. there's additionally a distinct part on non-invasive practical neuroprosthetic structures, that are frequently utilized through transcutaneous touch with the fearful system.